Lok Satta Party announces its Second list of candidates for Mumbai and Thane Municipal Elections
Lok Satta Party Invites Citizens Forums, Groups and Independent Activists to join hands together to establish Citizen Participatory Governance in Corporator Wards across Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane in the upcoming civic polls
In a media statement Shri Mustan Tambawala and Shri Olvin Balid, respective General Secretaries of Mumbai and Thane Unit of Lok Satta Party, jointly today announced that the party has so far declared its list of 12 candidates across 11 corporator wards for forthcoming municipal elections in Mumbai and one in Thane.
Mr. Balid said that the party has applied for the common symbol of “whistle” to the SEC for both Mumbai and Thane corporations. There are more candidates in the pipeline and the Party expects to release a supplementary list over the next few days.
Mr Tambawala noted that the response from citizens to Lok Satta Party's campaign had been extremely positive and there is a perceptible wave in favor of citizen candidates for municipal councilor seats. All of Lok Satta party candidates are first time politicians, committed to participatory governance in their wards. The party had already released its 10 Irrevocable Guarantees in November, with participatory governance as the central theme.
The party has committed itself to strengthen people participation in local governance and to increase accountability in the BMC by implementing the Model Nagar Raj Bill. Lok Satta Party launched a campaign demanding clean and citizen centric BMC governance through its campaign - Ab Bas, Apna Neta, Aap Bano!! On October 14th, 2011.
Lok Satta Party provides a platform to committed and service minded individuals to step forward and take up people's issues through participatory leadership. The selection of each of the candidates has been independently ratified by the Independent Election Authority for its Maharashtra unit, headed by Retd. Supreme Court Justice Shri B.N. Srikrishna.
With the declaration of second list Lok Satta Party Candidates for BMC (Mumbai) and TMC (Thane) so far are as follows:
• Ward 55, Swami Samarth Nagar, Andheri (W) - Smt Shivani Joshi, 37, Graduate, Award Winning Sportswoman, Active in Social, Civic and Anti corruption Campaigns.
• Ward 60, Manish Nagar, Andheri (W)– Shri Vinayak Jadhav, 60, Ex-GM, Cotton Corporation of India, Member - Cotton Technology Mission, CEO Mumbai Khadi Village Industries Assoc, Vice Chairman Manish Nagar Societies Association.
• Ward 76, Chkala-Sahar, Andheri (E) – Smt Sangeeta Sharma, 45, Post Graduate, Vice Chairperson / Secretary Mistry Complex Society, Active in Civic Issues.
• Ward 85, Bharat Nagar, Bandra(E) – Shri Bindrabasini Pal, Running Ration Shop, Active in Health, Education and Civic Issues in Slum Areas.
• Ward 168, Antop Hill – Shri Kishorilal P. Gupta, 30, Executive MBA, Runs Coaching Classes for Youth, Leads Youth NGO Activities Among Under-Privileged Sections of Society
• Ward 174, Hindu-Parsi Colony, Dadar (E), Smt Nehal Shah, 38, Business Woman and Founding Trustee of NGO Young India Action Forum.
• Ward 212, Tardeo AC Market, Smt Batul Dalal, Active in Local Community Service.
• Ward 213, Priya Darshini Park, Shri Rajesh Jogani, 44, Family Run Construction Business, Active in Education, Health and Social Projects of ISKCON.
• Ward 214, Raj Bhavan, Smt Kanak Gandhi, 51, Active in Education, Health and Social Projects of ISKCON like Mid Day Meals Projects for Under-Privileged Children.
• Ward 216, Harkisandas Hospital, Khetwadi, Dr. Parag Jhaveri, 47, Post Graduate in Medicine, Qualified Radiologist, Charitable Work in Health Care, Active in Preventing New Era School from Closure and Taking up the Case at High Court and Supreme Court Levels, Talented Singer, Using Music to Promote anti Corruption Causes.
• Ward 2, Hiranandani Estate, Thane, Ms Ankita Verma, 24, Bachelor in Law, and Practicing High Court Advocate, General Secretary Yuva Satta, (youth wing of Lok Satta Party), Member Core Team IAC Mumbai, Participated / Led Many Campaigns Including Vote India, Vote Mumbai, Jaago Re!, Zero Tolerance, Nominated Member In Committee for Criminal Law Against Sexual Harassment Bill under Discussion by Maharashtra Govt
For further info contact;